Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Diced chicken is tossed with spicy nuts
pineapple, berries and coconut in this unforgettable chicken
salad from Chef Lorena Garcia.
Lorena Garcia's Tropical
with Caramelized Walnuts and Coconut Shavings
- Chicken Salad:
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 2 chicken breasts, diced and boiled in
1/2 cup strawberries cut in quarters
2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener,
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup apple, diced
2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut shavings for garnish
- For Chicken Salad: Prepare the pineapples
by washing and dividing them in half lengthwise; scooping out
the pineapple and reserving the shells.
- Toss the chicken, pineapple, and strawberries
in a large bowl and set aside.
- For Caramelized Walnuts: mix jerk seasoning,
stock, molasses and 3/4 cup of SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener
together in a bowl. Pour in the walnuts, place them on a sheet
pan, and bake them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) until
golden brown and crispy.
- Cool the nuts and add to the chicken mixture.
- For Tropical Dressing: mix all the dressing
ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the dressing into the mixing bowl
with the remaining together.
- Spoon the mixture inside the pineapple
half shell, for presentation, and sprinkle with coconut shavings.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):
Calories: 630; Calories from Fat: 470; Total Fat: 53g; Saturated
Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Sodium: 910mg; Total Carbs: 26g;
Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 17g; Protein: 19g
Exchanges per Serving: 2 1/2 Lean Meats,
1/2 Starch, 9 Fats, 1 Fruit
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda®
is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for
diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please
call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.