Spoon the chocolate fudge batter atop the
vanilla batter in a fluted tube pan, no stirring involved, and
after it's baked, a swirl of chocolate appears, almost like magic,
in the center of the cake.
Magic Swirl Cake
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda - divided use
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Hot Fudge Topping
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S
MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously
grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and
vanilla until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, 1 teaspoon baking
soda and salt; add alternately to butter mixture with buttermilk.
- Pour 4 cups batter into prepared pan.
- In remaining batter, stir in fudge topping
and remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Spoon over vanilla batter.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over surface.
- Bake 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted
in center comes out almost clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from
pan to wire rack.
- Glaze with Chocolate Drizzle.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
*To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar
plus milk to equal 1 cup.
In small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet
Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (do not
use butter, margarine or oil). Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds;
stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 20 seconds
or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens,
and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. ©
The Hershey Company.