Brownies with Peanut Butter Chips
Cocoa brownies studded with peanut butter chips and frosted with a peanut butter glaze.
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, melted
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips - divided use
PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together butter and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; beat with spoon or whisk until well blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup peanut butter chips for glaze; stir remaining chips into batter. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE; drizzle over brownies. Let stand until glaze is set. Cut into squares.
Makes about 32 brownies.
PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE: Combine 1/2 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips (reserved from brownies), 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Gradually add 1/4 cup powdered sugar, beating with whisk until smooth. Makes about 1/2 cup glaze.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.