Pork Loin Tortilla Wraps
with Roasted Vegetables and Citrus Mint Dressing
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.
4 slices of pork loin, cooked and cut into thin strips
2 (12-inch) tortillas
2 tablespoons cream cheese
4 lettuce leaves
Pan Roasted Vegetables:
1 summer squash, washed, dried and cut into thin strips
1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 zucchini, washed, dried and cut into thin strips
2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into strips
Citrus Mint Sauce:
1 lime, juice only
1/2 package mint leaves (about 15 large leaves)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 orange, juice only
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
- For Pan Roasted Vegetables: On the stove top in a heavy skillet at high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and pan roast vegetables in 3 batches. Stir lightly as vegetables caramelize. Season each batch with salt and pepper to taste, about 5 to 8 minutes per batch, depending on the size of skillet you use.
- For Citrus Mint Dressing: In a blender at medium speed, puree all ingredients, except oil. Next, while blender is running at medium speed, add oil to blender very slowly. Adjust with salt and pepper.
- For Wraps: Lay out tortillas and spread cream cheese on top half of tortilla; place lettuce leaves on lower half so that entire tortilla is covered.
- Next, combine the roasted vegetables and the pork. Pour Citrus Mint Dressing over the mixture and toss. Evenly divide the pork and vegetables over the lettuce on the tortillas.
- Next, carefully roll the tortillas to opposite end. The cream cheese will serve as an adhesive to keep the wrap rolled tight. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.