Ortega Hot Poppers
Just like those served in the local pub! Hot poppers are a trip for the taste buds.
1 (3.5-ounce) can ORTEGA® Whole Jalapeños, drained
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups corn flake cereal, crushed
- Cut jalapeños lengthwise into halves; remove seeds.
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese and cilantro in small bowl. Place 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each jalapeño half; chill for 15 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- Dip each jalapeño half in flour; shake off excess. Dip into egg; coat with corn flake crumbs.
- Add vegetable oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet; heat over high heat for 1 minute.
- Fry jalapeños, turning frequently with tongs, until golden brown on all sides. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.