Best Chocolate Frosted Brownies
Fudgy brownies with a creamy chocolate frosting.
1 cup butter
3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Brownies Heat oven to 350°F (175°). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; add cocoa, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla; beat with spoon until thoroughly combined. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top is dry and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Chocolate Frosting: Beat butter in small bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla.
- Frost bars. Allow frosting to set before cutting into bars.
Makes 36 brownies.