A layer of chocolate fudge with a hint
of amaretto rests upon a buttery crust. Top it all off with a
drizzling of chocolate and you've got dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine,
cut into pieces, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
- Chocolate Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- For Crust: Beat flour, butter and brown
sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Press into prepared
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden
- For Filling: Beat eggs, corn syrup, granulated
sugar, butter, cornstarch and liqueur in medium bowl with wire
whisk. Stir in almonds and 1 2/3 cups morsels. Pour over hot
crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center
is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Chocolate Drizzle: Place remaining
1/3 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH
(100%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10 to
15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from
bag; squeeze to drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for a few minutes
to firm chocolate before cutting into bars.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen or 30 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30
of recipe): Calories: 250 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 12
g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 60 mg Carbohydrates:
30 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 20 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.