A thin layer of fruit jam is all that comes
between the brown sugar crust and the walnut-flavored topping.
Melted chocolate chips are spread over the top to finish these
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or apricot
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in small mixer
bowl; beat in 1 3/4 cups flour. Press onto bottom of prepared
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly
browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread jam over crust. Combine walnuts
and sugar in small bowl; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping.
Beat eggs until light in large mixer bowl; beat in remaining
walnut mixture, 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla extract. Stir
in 1 cup morsels. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top
is set. Immediately sprinkle remaining morsels over top. Let
stand for 5 minutes until morsels are shiny; spread. Sprinkle
with reserved walnut mixture. Cool; refrigerate for 10 minutes
to set chocolate.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen or 54 (1-inch)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/54
of recipe): Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8
g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrates:
14 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.