These crispy peanut butter rice cereal
bars, topped with butterscotch and chocolate, are quick, easy
and oh so good -- and there's no baking involved! So who wants
Easy No-Bake Chocolate
Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL
HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Heat sugar and corn syrup in medium saucepan
over medium heat to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in peanut
butter. Add cereal; stir until cereal is coated. Press into prepared
- Microwave butterscotch morsels in small,
microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute;
STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If
necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals,
stirring just until melted. Spread over cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle semi-sweet morsels over butterscotch;
press down slightly. Refrigeratefor 15 minutes or until firm.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen or 54 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/54
of recipe): Calories: 120 Calories from Fat: 45 Total Fat: 5
g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 55 mg Carbohydrates:
18 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 14 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.