These rich bars are reminiscent of pecan
pie. The slightly tart citrus icing adds another dimension of
taste that is very pleasing in contrast to the coconutty-brown
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
Iced Coconut Pecan
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar
and shortening. Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour, mixing well. Place
mixture in an lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and
press evenly onto the bottom of the pan using a sheet of plastic
wrap (or waxed paper) the length of the pan to make the process
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light
- For Filling: In a small bowl, stir together
the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder; add the
eggs and mix well. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Spread filling
over the baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional
20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost with icing when completely
cooled. Cut into 3 x 1-inch bars, or as desired.
- For Icing: Combine all ingredients until
smooth. Spread over cooled bars.
Makes 30 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30
of recipe): 149.1 calories; 47% calories from fat; 8.0g total
fat; 19.0mg cholesterol; 24.5mg sodium; 51.3mg potassium; 18.4g
carbohydrates; 0.4g fiber; 12.8g sugar; 18.0g net carbs; 1.3g
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Terms
of Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.