Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Carrot cookie bars iced with a sweet orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked, mashed carrots*
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Orange Icing:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- For Bars: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease an 8 x 11-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl combine flour, coconut,
baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix
well and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar,
egg, orange peel and vanilla until
well blended. Stir in mashed carrot
and orange juice; mixing well. Add flour mixture
to creamed mixture, stirring until just mixed. Pour
batter into prepared baking pan. Bake
for about 35 minutes. Top with Orange Icing.
- For Icing: Combine orange juice, orange
peel and powdered sugar, mixing well.
Spread over warm bars. Allow to cool
completely before cutting into squares.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen bars.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.