Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
These wholesome tasty bars make perfect
treats for school lunches or snacks anytime of the day.
Whole Grain Banana
Fruit 'N Nut Bars
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margerine
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 small bananas)
1 1/2 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2/3 cup chopped pitted dates or golden raisins
2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly
spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking
- Stir together flour, pumpkin pie spice,
baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat light butter and brown
sugar with electric mixer until well blended. Add egg and bananas;
mix well. (Mixture will look curdled.) Add flour mixture; beat
on low just until well blended. Stir in oats, dates and walnuts.
Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until edges are
golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with
a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut
into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 2
days or place in airtight container and freeze up to 3 months.
Defrost uncovered at room temperature.
Makes 24 bars.
- To save time, purchase walnuts and dates
- Other dried fruits may be substituted
- Toasted pecans, almonds or hazelnuts may
be substituted for walnuts.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of The Quaker Oats Company.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.