Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A flavorful, juicy 2-inch thick sirloin
steak is roasted to perfection and served with a red pepper sauce
and garlic flan. A great recipe for entertaining.
Roasted Beef Sirloin
with Red Pepper Sauce and Garlic Flans
- Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 medium red bell peppers, roasted (or
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Roasted Beef Sirloin:
- 3 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak,
cut 2-inches thick
1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
- For Red Pepper Sauce: To roast peppers, broil 2-inches from heat, turning
frequently, until skin bubbles and is evenly charred.
- Transfer peppers to sealable plastic bag,
close and set aside until peppers cool.
- Peel charred skin from peppers. Remove
seeds. Blend peppers, vinegar and salt in blender using pulse
switch until coarsely chopped.
- Sauce may be served at room temperature
- For Roasted Beef Sirloin: Press rosemary into both sides of beef; place
on rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, at 350ºF (175ºC)
oven to desired doneness (allow 16-20 minutes per pound).
- Allow steak to rest 10 minutes prior to
- For Garlic Flan:
Place garlic cloves on paper plate; microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
Let stand 1 minute. Remove peel from garlic.
- In small saucepan add half-and-half, milk
and salt. Heat on high 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms
bubbles around edge. Do not boil. Pour into blender, add garlic,
cover, and process until garlic is pureed. Add eggs, and pulse
only until blended. Pour mixture into 6 greased, 3/4 cup, custard
- Place filled cups in 13 x 9-inch baking
pan; add hot water to pan deep enough to come halfway up side
of custard cups. Bake in 350ºF (175ºC) oven 25 to 30
minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding onto
individual small plates.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.