Tangy Round Steak
A bottle of French salad dressing adds a sweet and tangy twist to the sauce in this braised round steak dish.
2 pounds round steak
1/4 cup bottled French salad dressing
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1 package beef stroganoff sauce mix
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms
Cooked noodles for accompaniment
- Trim round steak and slice into 1/4 x 2-inch strips.
- Slowly heat French salad dressing in a large skillet; add the sliced steak and chopped onion. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until the steak is browned and the onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add water, beef stroganoff sauce mix, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, chopped celery, and canned mushrooms. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to the package directions; drain.
- Serve the meat sauce over the noodles.
Makes 6 servings.