If there's anything better than the smell
of bread baking, it's the aroma of bread spiced with cinnamon
and sweetened with apple. Apple Pull-Apart Bread is fast and
easy to make - and fun to eat, too, with a delicious taste surprise
in every bite.
- 1 (21-ounce) can COMSTOCK® or WILDERNESS®
More Fruit Apple Fruit Filling
2 (1-pound 3-ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly
grease a 10-inch tube pan. In food processor, chop fruit filling
by pulsing several times. Flatten each biscuit into a 5 to 6-inch
circle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons fruit filling onto each biscuit
and seal edges to form a ball.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
Roll each biscuit ball in sugar mixture.
- Make 2 rings of biscuits in tube pan and
sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes, covering biscuits
with foil after 20 minutes of baking time.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; loosen biscuits
from edge of pan and remove from pan.
- For Icing: In a small bowl, combine confectioners'
sugar, milk and vanilla; mixing well. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
Makes: 12 servings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Bake Time: 55 minutes.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Comstock® Wilderness®, through ECES, Inc., Electronic
Color Editorial Services.