Best Ever Dinner Rolls
A recipe for Best Ever Dinner Rolls prepared with a bread machine.
3/4 cup milk, slightly warmed
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg, slightly beaten
3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Additional butter (optional)
- Measure ingredients into bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough or manual setting. When cycle is completed, remove the dough from the machine and either shape as desired, or wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- If refrigerated, let set out for about 45 minutes to an hour before using
- The easiest shape to make is to just divide the dough into equal parts and roll into balls in your hand. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover shaped dough with damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated 400°F (205°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush tops with butter, if desired.
Makes 20 to 24 rolls.