Harvest Pumpkin-Pineapple Bread
Pumpkin and pineapple together make a wonderfully moist and delicious quick bread.
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 (8.25-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
4 large eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans.
- In mixer bowl, beat together sugar and butter until blended. Add pumpkin, pineapple with juice and eggs; beat well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; add to pumpkin mixture, mixing until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Divide batter into prepared pans; spread evenly.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over tops, if desired.
Makes 2 loaves.