Enjoy a slice of this tender raspberry quick bread with a cup of fragrant tea or robust coffee.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and undrained
1 tablespoon raspberry jam
2 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 x 5 3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In blender or food processor purée raspberries and jam.
- In small bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda. Make a well in center and pour egg mixture and raspberry purée into well. Mix ingredients together, blending well. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before wrapping to store.
Makes 1 loaf.