The Absolute Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever
Treat your family and friends to the delicious aroma and taste of these classic cinnamon rolls. They are absolutely the best!
A Family-Favorites Recipe.
1 (0.25-ounce) packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1 cup warm milk, (105°F to 115°F | 40°C to 45°C)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
4 cups all-purpose or bread flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
- For Dough: In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, eggs and flour; mix well. Dust a flat surface with a small amount of flour and knead dough into a large ball. Return to bowl and cover. Let rise for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Remove dough from bowl and roll out on a lightly floured surface until dough is 21-inches long by 16-inches wide and 1/4-inch thick.
- For Filling: In a small separate bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread 1/3 cup of butter evenly over surface of the dough and cover with cinnamon/brown sugar mixture. Roll dough from the top (21-inch side) to bottom edge. Cut rolled dough into 1 3/4-inch slices and place 6 at a time on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- For Glaze: While rolls are baking, combine remaining butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drizzle on hot rolls and serve.
Makes 12 cinnamon rolls.
Tip: The dough can also be made using the dough cycle of a bread machine. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for adding ingredients and operating machine.