Whole Wheat Batter Bread
Batter yeast breads are stirred, not kneaded and placed directly in the baking pan to rise.
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 envelopes FLEISCHMANN’S® RapidRise Yeast
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup water
1 / 2 cup milk
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups whole wheat flour, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat water, milk, honey, and butter until very warm (120°F to 130°F / 50°C to 55°C). Add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1 / 2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in remaining flour to make stiff batter.
- Place in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 45 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf; 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 190; Total fat 3 g; Saturated fat 1.5 g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 420 mg; Carbohydrates 38 g; Dietary fiber 5 g (1.7 g / oz); Sugars 9 g; Protein 6 g.
Recipe provided courtesy of ACH Food Companies, Inc.