Garden Fresh Omelet
An Italian-style garden omelet filled with roasted red pepper, spinach leaves, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
For Each Omelet:
2 Large Chino Valley fresh eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1-ounce roasted red pepper, chopped
2-ounces spinach leaves, sautéed
1-ounce mushrooms, sliced, sautéed
1 teaspoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Prepare vegetables as needed. Set aside.
- Prepare omelet: Mix together eggs and water.
- Place butter in non-stick skillet and heat until very hot.
- Add eggs and let sit until large bubbles appear in the middle and then use spatula to push cooked egg from the sides to the middle of pan. Tilt pan to let uncooked egg run into empty spaces. Continue pushing and tilting until egg is cooked.
- Filling: Fill with chopped, roasted red pepper, spinach, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. Fold.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh basil.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories 336, Protein 20g, Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 2.3g, Fat 26g, Cholesterol 435mg, Sodium 606mg, Iron 3.6mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.