Spinach Rice Frittata
A deliciously satisfying entrée for brunch or supper, this frittata is a great way to use leftover cooked rice.
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook onion in butter in large skillet until tender but not brown. Add spinach and garlic. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add rice and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir into rice mixture.
- Turn into greased shallow 2-quart baking dish; top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.