Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
"This is the BEST pound cake recipe
I ever baked!! My aunt got it from a radio station about 20 years
ago. She and my mom have been making it ever since, and now I
am following the tradition." - Buff
Cold Oven Pound Cake
- 3 sticks margarine or 1 1/2 cups
margarine (not butter)
3 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Grease and flour angel food tube pan,
Bundt pan, or a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Cream margarine and sugar. Beat it and
beat it and beat it ... until it is really creamy and light colored.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt gradually
to mixture. Then add water and vanilla last. Put in prepared
pan and place into cold oven. Turn on oven to 350°F
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test
with wire or wooden pick after 1 hour, especially if you are
using a 9 x1 3 x 2-inch pan.
- If you will be taking it out of the pan,
let cool only 5 to 10 minutes in the pan, before removing. The
brown edge of cake is so good icing isn't needed. Powdered sugar
for looks is optional
Makes 12 servings.
Instead of water and vanilla; add orange juice and teaspoon of
lemon extract. Or, add 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple.
Or, 1/2 cup applesauce. Or, finely chopped nuts
to add nut flavor.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.