"This is good warm or cool. Be prepared when you open the oven you will see why it is called the earthquake cake!" - Recipe submitted by Judy Clark.
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup coconut
2 cups miniature chocolate chips
1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
For First Step: Sprinkle this mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch cake pan.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 stick butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For First Step: Sprinkle ingredients in the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch cake pan.
- For Second Step: Prepare according to package directions. Pour batter over bottom layer in the pan.
- For Third Step: Melt together cream cheese and butter in the microwave until the butter is melted.
- Mix in 2 cups powdered sugar. Mix well and pour over the cake batter.
- Take a butter knife and cut in lines, do not mix together.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.