"I have served this cake to several people and they all wanted the recipe. It is called by another name, but I call it Hawaiian Cake." Recipe submitted by Linda Overmyer.
1 (18.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (15.25-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large bananas, sliced
1 (6.75-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the pineapple, including juice and sugar and bring to a boil.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and pour the pineapple mixture over the top of the hot cake, spreading evenly. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Once cool, top with the sliced bananas.
- Prepare the instant pudding according to package directions and spread over the bananas.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pudding.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the pecans.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 18 servings.
Tip: Try toasting the pecans and coconut for incredible texture and taste sensation!