Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
No one really ever tires of the traditional
holiday pumpkin pie, but the choice will be difficult when you
serve this delicious alternative.
Pumpkin Roll with
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup natural California pistachios, chopped
Pistachio Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup natural California pistachios, coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Line a 10 x 15 x 1-inch pan with waxed paper or parchment; grease
- Beat eggs on high, add sugar gradually
until very thick and volume is tripled, about 5 minutes. Fold
in lemon juice and pumpkin gently.
- Sift combined dry ingredients except pistachios
over egg mixture; lightly fold in. Spread into prepared pan and
sprinkle with pistachios.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs
back when lightly pressed.
- Turn cake out onto waxed paper and trim
crisp edges with knife. Working quickly, cover cake with second
sheet of waxed paper and roll up from short side, rolling paper
inside. Set aside.
- For Pistachio Cream Cheese Filling: Beat
cream cheese and butter together with powdered sugar and lemon
zest until creamy. Stir in pistachios.
- When cake has cooled, unroll and spread
filling over entire surface. Re-roll cake. Slice to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of the California Pistachio Board.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.