Quick Black Forest Bundt® Cake
This easy version of a Black Forest cake is so good, your family will request it again...and again.
1 (18.25-ounce) package devils food cake mix with pudding
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt® or a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine cake mix, beaten eggs, almond extract, cherry pie filling and semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before glazing.
- For Chocolate Glaze: Heat butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate chips and let set 2 to 3 minutes until chocolate has melted.
- Stir to combine ingredients; add powdered sugar and mix well. Drizzle glaze over cake.
Makes 12 servings.