Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Move over carrot cake and try this fabulous
three layer spicy cake iced with a rich cream cheese frosting.
This popular cake is easily prepared with a cake mix.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 11/3 cups water
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams),
drained and mashed or 1 cup fresh sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F
(175°C). Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick
cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake
mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, oil, water, sweet potatoes, crushed
pineapple and vanilla. Mix at a low speed until well combined.
Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted comes out clean. Cool and ice cake with Cream Cheese
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: In a mixing
bowl, blend together the cream cheese and margarine. Gradually
add the powdered sugar mixing until smooth. Add vanilla. Blend
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Lousiana Sweet Potato
Commission. Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson,
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.