Milk Chocolate Almond Brickle
A sweet layer of chocolate covers this simple almond candy for a delicious treat any time of the year.
1 1/4 cups almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of well-buttered 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 7 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over nuts; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny and soft; spread evenly.
- Chill for about 20 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
Makes 50 pieces approximately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/50 of recipe): Calories: 104 Calories from Fat: 69 Total Fat: 7.7 g Saturated Fat: 3.7 g Cholesterol: 11 mg Sodium: 39 mg Carbohydrates: 9.4 g Dietary Fiber: .4 g Sugars: 8.5 g Protein: .8 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.