Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Baked chicken with a soy-citrus-honey glaze,
served with cooked baby carrots seasoned with a small amount
of reserved glaze mixture.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- l cut-up chicken
8 tablespoons butter - divided use
2 tablespoons julienne orange peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
l tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
16 whole cooked baby carrots
- In plastic bag, mix together flour, salt
and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to
coat all sides.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large baking pan, place 4 tablespoons
of the butter and heat to melt.
- Roll chicken in butter to coat all sides
and arrange, skin side down, in single layer.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- In small saucepan, place remaining 4 tablespoons
butter and melt over medium heat. Stir in orange peel, lemon
juice, liqueur, soy sauce and honey. Set aside 2 tablespoons
- Remove chicken from oven, turn and pour
orange-honey mixture over chicken. Return to oven and bake, basting
occasionally, 30 minutes longer or until chicken is glazed and
fork can be inserted with ease.
- Add reserved orange-honey mixture to carrots
and serve with chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National
Chicken Council. Used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.