Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This recipe for Lively Lemon Chicken and
Capers was submitted by Helen Conwell, Fairhope, AL.
Lively Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup minced sundried tomatoes in oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onion
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1 tablespoon small capers
- Gently pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness;
sprinkle with salt.
- In medium bowl, mix together mint, basil,
thyme and tomatoes; sprinkle over chicken. Roll up each chicken
breast and fasten with toothpicks.
- In large frypan, place olive oil and heat
to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10
minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice,
scraping any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add onion, cover
and simmer about 10 minutes or juices run clear and fork can
be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken rolls from frypan,
set aside and keep warm.
- In small dish, mix cornstarch and vermouth
until smooth. Add to frypan and cook, stirring, until mixture
is clear; stir in capers.
- To serve, place half the sauce in serving
dish, slice chicken and place, overlapping slices, on top of
sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon
slices and mint sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National
Chicken Council. Used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.