Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This recipe for Roman Chicken was submitted by
Penny Nichols, Baton Rouge, LA.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons pine nuts
6 ounces mozzarella cheese (from ball, not shredded)
1 cup orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In gallon size plastic lock bag, place
chicken and Italian dressing; marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Cook spinach according to package directions;
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain.
- In large frypan, place olive oil and garlic
over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute about 5 minutes
or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Pour chicken broth into 8x8 baking dish
and add chicken with garlic. Spread spinach around chicken; sprinkle
with raisins and pine nuts. Top each chicken breast half with
1 ounce mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350°F (175°C)
oven for about 20 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken
- Remove to serving platter; arrange orzo
around chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National
Chicken Council. Used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.