Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This is my version of the classic chocolate
chip cookie. The toasted coconut and nuts enhance the overall
flavor of the cookie and give it a scrumptious chewy-crunchy
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
My Chocolate Chip
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).*
- To toast the coconut and walnuts or pecans,
spread each out onto a separate baking sheet. Toast in the preheated
oven until they're golden, stirring each frequently. This takes
about 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely, as they will burn easily.
Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl whisk together the flour,
baking soda, baking powder and salt, mixing well. Set aside.
- Cream sugars, butter and peanut butter
in a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium
speed until texture is fluffy and light in color, about 5 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla; continue to beat
an additional 3 minutes or until light and creamy textured.
- By hand, stir in flour mixture until
just mixed; gently fold in the chocolate chips,
toasted coconut and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined
or non-stick baking sheets, 2-inches apart. (If flatter cookies
are preferred, dip the bottom of a dampened flat-bottomed glass
into granulated or turbinado sugar and flatten dough slightly
- Bake in the upper of the oven for 10 to
12 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning the baking sheet around halfway through the baking
time to allow even baking of the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 5 dozen or 60 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1
cookie): 116.3 calories; 49% calories from fat; 6.8g total fat;
15.2mg cholesterol; 71.1mg sodium; 32.7mg potassium; 13.7g carbohydrates;
0.7g fiber; 5.8g sugar; 13.0g net carbs; 1.4g protein.
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Terms
of Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.