Lemon Blueberry Bliss
Creamy lemon rice pudding layered with fresh blueberries in parfait glasses—pure bliss on a spoon.
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups cooked medium grain rice
2/3 cup whipping cream, whipped - divided use
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon zest in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until thick and creamy (8 to 10 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and rice. Cool.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Alternate layers of blueberries and rice pudding in parfait glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and blueberries.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of USA Rice Federation.