Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
If you love the classic ice cream bar, you're sure to love this orange-swirled vanilla cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
2 drops yellow food color
1 drop red food color
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
Lightly sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment
1 orange, peeled, pith (white) removed and segmented or sliced for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Filling: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat well.
- Place 1 cup of the creamed mixture in a small bowl and stir in the orange extract and the yellow and red food colors.
- Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pie crust. Spoon the orange cream mixture on top by tablespoonfuls, then swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm around the edges (the center should be slightly). Allow to cool for 1 hour, then cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.
- To serve, place a dollop of whipped cream on each slice and garnish with fresh orange.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.