A rumble-tumble mixture of assorted fresh fruits make up a juicy, tender filling perfectly topped with a crunchy oat-crumble.
1 cup chopped rhubarb
1 cup blackberries
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
2 cups thinly sliced tart green apples
2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (260°C). Lightly butter a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- For Filling: In a large bowl, mix together rhubarb, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and sliced apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg together and stir into the fruit mixture. Turn fruit mixture into prepared baking dish.
- For Crumble Topping: Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a large bowl. With a pastry blender or knife and fork, cut butter in to dry mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Makes 12 servings.