This simple cake shows off the delicious
combination of apples and cranberries to good effect.
Apple Cranberry Cake
- 5 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups thinly sliced, peeled cooking apples
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Whisk the softened butter, SPLENDA®
Sugar Blend, and sour cream in a dough mixer,
- Add one egg yolk at a time, slowly, followed
by the lemon zest and juice.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl
till they reach the soft peek stage.
- Sift flour with the baking powder.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the egg
mixer. Sift the flour on top of it and fold again, adding cranberries.
- Pour the cake mixture in a greased 9 inch
cake mold. Layer the apple slices on top in a circle. Push the
apples slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester
comes out moist but clean.
Makes 10 servings.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10
of recipe): Calories 420 | Calories from Fat 200 | Fat 23g (sat
13g) | Cholesterol 160mg | Sodium 110mg | Carbohydrates 44g |
Fiber 2g | Sugars 23g | Protein 6g
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda®
is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for
diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please
call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.