Blueberry Cheesecake for Carb Counters
This luscious cheesecake, topped with blueberry sauce, proves that counting carbs doesn't mean that delicious tasting desserts can't be part of the equation.
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs*
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2/3 cup granulated non-nutritive sweetener
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Sour Cream Topping:
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup granulated non-nutritive sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons granulated non-nutritive sweetener
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray; sprinkle with bread crumbs and tilt to cover evenly.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, eggs, milk, granulated sweetener and vanilla until smooth.
- Carefully pour into crumb-coated pie plate and smooth the top.
- Bake until set in the center, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, then spread the Sour Cream Topping over the top and bake 7 minutes longer.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate until cold. Serve with Blueberry Sauce.
- For Sour Cream Topping: Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- For Blueberry Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a medium-size saucepan, and cook over medium heat until berries are soft, about 5 minutes. Chill well before serving over the cheesecake.
Makes 8 servings.
*Bread crumbs are optional. If made without bread crumbs, subtract 1 gram carbohydrate per portion.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of portion of cheesecake, including 1 1/2 tablespoons blueberry sauce): 413 calories; 13 g carbohydrate; 36 g total fat (22 g saturated fat); 1 g fiber.
Recipe and photograph are courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.