A slow cooker recipe for a hot, comforting chili packed with beef, beans and spicy flavors.
Recipe contest submission by Kristin G. from Stow, Ohio.
2 pounds stew beef, cubed into bite sized pieces
1 large sweet onion
2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
1/2 (4 fluid ounce) bottle mesquite flavored liquid smoke
2 heads garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapeños
2 (15 ounce) cans chili flavored beans with jalapeños
1 (14.5 ounce) can red kidney beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce with garlic and onions
1/2 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Combine beef, onions, jalapeños, liquid smoke and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add the tomatoes, chili beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend to the beef. Add hot pepper sauce if desired.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Taste the chili after 2 hours to determine the need for additional Splenda®Brown Sugar Blend or hot pepper sauce.
- Garnish with diced jalapeños, chopped and shredded onions, and cheese if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 400; Calories from Fat: 180; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Sodium: 810mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 21g.
Exchanges per Serving: 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Medium-Fat Meats, 1 Fat.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.