Who can resist a warm freshly baked gingerbread
cake? This reduced calorie version will let you eat all you want,
and doesn't sacrifice flavor.
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Spray Bundt pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour applesauce, molasses, and vegetable
oil into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs. Stir well.
- Blend remaining dry ingredients in a separate
bowl. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the applesauce
mixture. Stir well.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C)
oven 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack approximately
20 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate. Serve warm or cool.
Makes 12 servings.
- Serve with sauteed apples or non-dairy
- Place 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Granulated
Sweetener in a blender. Blend covered, on high approximately
30 seconds. Sprinkle the finely ground Splenda over the cake
like powdered sugar.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/12 of
recipe): Calories: 170; Calories from Fat: 45; Total Fat: 5g;
Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Sodium: 240mg; Total Carbs:
29g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 3g
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 1 Fat
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda,
Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that
is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this
product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at