Triple Berry Jam 2
Make this jam when you are blessed with an abundance of summer berries. Three kinds of berries give the jam a chunky texture and a delectable flavor. Friends and family will thank you for your efforts when the chill of winter sets in.
1 pint ripe strawberries, stems removed
2 cups raspberries
2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup boiling water
1 (1.75 ounce) package fruit pectin for lower sugar recipes
1/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
- Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Fill boiling-water canner half full with water; add jars and water to cover. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Place lids in water to cover in a small saucepan; bring water to a simmer. Simmer until ready to use. Remove and drain jars and lids, one at a time, as needed for filling.
- Cut strawberries in half; crush using potato masher or food processor. Measure exactly 1 cup of the crushed strawberries; place in a large saucepan. Crush the raspberries and blueberries; measure exactly 1 cup of each of the berries; place in saucepan with strawberries. Stir in water; gradually add pectin, stirring until pectin dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, stirring until Splenda® Granulated Sweetener dissolves. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on rack in canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing center of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.) Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year. Once opened, store refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
Makes 48 (1 tablespoon) servings. Yield: 3 half-pint jars
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 10 | Calories from Fat 0 | Fat 0g (sat 0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 5mg | Carbohydrates 3g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 0g | Protein 0g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.