Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Sliced duck breast served on a bed of orange-spiced
leek and sweet potato purée makes an elegant entrée.
Duck Breast on an
Orange Spiced Leek
and Sweet Potato Purée
- 2 duck breast halves
1 pound sweet potatoes
1 stalk of leeks
1-inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
Zest and juice of 1 orange
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Score the skin of 2 duck breast and pan
fry the breast skin side down for 5 to 8 minutes until the fat
starts to run out.
- Flip them and over and cook for 15 minutes
with the skin side up.
- Next prepare the puree.
- Simmer sweet potatoes, that you have peeled
and cut into large dice for 15 minutes until they just beginning
to soften. Drain and mash to make a rough puree with a potato
- Prepare 1 stalk of leeks, trimmed and
sliced into 1-inch rounds.
- Peel and grate 1-inch piece fresh root
- Heat Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil in
a saucepan and fry the fresh root ginger, the zest and juice
from an orange, crushed garlic and a pinch of cloves. Cook for
1 to 2 minutes without browning.
- Add the sweet potato mixture and leeks
and then saute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the duck breasts into thin slices
and fan them out onto a bed of the leek puree.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv.
Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.