Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Fluffy, baked sweet potatoes topped with
a savory, southwestern-style ground turkey and vegetable filling.
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed spanish olives
- 1/2 cup frozen kernel corn
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- Wash sweet potatoes and poke each with
a fork. Microwave on high until fork-tender, about 10 minutes
for 4 potatoes (cooking time depends on microwave type). Turn
potatoes halfway through cooking if microwave does not have a
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a heavy skillet
over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until transparent,
about 4 minutes.
- Add peppers and sauté about 4 minutes
- Add ground turkey and stir until turkey
is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add taco sauce, turn heat to low and simmer
- Stir in olives, corn, salt and cayenne
pepper. Simmer 4 more minutes.
- To serve, cut potatoes lengthwise along
the top. Squeeze the potato to fluff-up potato. Spoon 1/4 of
the topping over each potato. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of North Carolina Sweetpotato
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.