Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This delicious curried chicken dish is
sure to impress your family and friends.
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 to 4 pounds
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and cubed
- Suggested Accompaniments:
- Mango Chutney
- Slices of dried coconut
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Orange segments
- Ripe bananas
- Cut chicken in 1 1/2 to 2-inch serving
pieces. Squeeze the juice of the limes
into a large bowl of water; wash the chicken pieces in
the water and drain.
- In small bowl mix the garlic, green onions
and ginger; allow flavors to blend
for 30 minutes.
- Mix curry powder and allspice with sugar
and salt. Rub spice mixture and the garlic mixture onto
the chicken. Place in a glass bowl; cover
and allow to "marinate" for 1 hour.
- In large heavy skillet, brown chicken
in hot oil over medium-high heat. Add the water and potatoes. As soon as liquid starts to boil, reduce
heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, approximately
20 to 30 minutes. Chicken should be
tender and juices run clear.
- Dress up curried chicken with accompaniments
served with flair. The usual accompaniment
is Mango Chutney, but slices of dried coconut,
pineapple chunks, orange segments, ripe bananas, will do.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.