If you're ready for the challenge of eating healthy,
try this mouth-watering, easy-to-make recipe.
Barilla Whole Grain
Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
- 1 box Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
5 to 6 leaves basil, sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute minced
garlic in olive oil until slightly yellow.
- Add cherry tomatoes and saute 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the
- Toss pasta with cherry tomatoes, garlic
and half the basil. Add reserved cooking liquid to skillet and
toss pasta again.
- Top with Parmigiano, black pepper and
Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6
of recipe): Calories: 284 Protein: 12 g Carbohydrate: 49 g Dietary
Fiber: 7 g Total Sugars: 2 g Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 1.7
g Cholesterol: 7 mg Calcium: 96 mg Sodium: 229 mg
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of www.TryBarillaWholeGrain.com; through ARA Content.