Making the perfect pie crust is easy and
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup well-chilled butter
1 tablespoon well-chilled shortening
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons water
- In a food processor add flour, sugar and
- Next add well chilled butter and well
- Pulse 3 to 4 times for 2 to 3 seconds
each time, until crumbly.
- In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
- Pour over the flour mixture in the food
processor and pulse 2 to 4 times, for 2 to 3 seconds each time,
until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings
- Now remove the dough, cover and chill
for a 1/2 hour.
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin
when working the dough.
- Roll to desired size.
Makes 1 single pie crust.
Hint: Recipe can be doubled for a 2-crust
Recipe and video provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv.
Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.