A great pasta dish for putting leftover
holiday ham to good use.
Ham and Vegetable
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Additional grated fresh Parmesan (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus,
mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and ham in butter
until the vegetables are tender. Add cream,
peas, onions, Parmesan, basil, salt,
pepper and nutmeg; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes, stirring
frequently. Add drained linguine to mixture and
toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with additional Parmesan
cheese, if desired.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.