This salad has a bitter and sweet taste
that is complimented with the earthy flavor of walnuts.
Beet and Arugula
- 4 small beets, boiled and sliced
3 tablespoons shallots, minced
3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/4 cup walnut oil or olive oil
2 Belgian endive, thinly sliced
6 ounces baby Arugula
- Remove the stem and root end of the beets
and boil/steam for 20 minutes.
- Chill and then slice beets.
- To a bowl add shallots, sherry vinegar,
walnut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To the bowl add Belgian endive and arugula
- Plate with salad, surrounded by the cooked
and sliced beets.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with
salt. Serve with toasted crostini with soft goat cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4
of recipe): 90.7 calories; 15% calories from fat; 1.7g total
fat; 0.0mg cholesterol; 107.4mg sodium; 1151.1mg potassium; 17.0g
carbohydrates; 9.6g fiber; 5.5g sugar; 7.4g net carbs; 5.3g protein.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv.
Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.