Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A tasty potato salad with chopped broccoli
and fennel, sliced red onion and diced stuffed green olives tossed
in ranch dressing and served atop a bed of leaf lettuce, garnished
with cherry tomatoes.
Idaho Potato, Broccoli
and Fennel Salad
- 8 large Idaho potatoes (about 4 pounds),
well scrubbed, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) favorite ranch salad
- 3 cups chopped fennel (about one large
bulb), with core and tops removed
- 1 large red onion, quartered and very
thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced green olives with pimento
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce and cherry tomatoes or sliced
tomatoes for garish
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water,
add salt and bring to boiling over high heat. Add potatoes and
bring back to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium and
boil 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to the potatoes and bring
back to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium again,
and cook until desired doneness (1 to 3 minutes). Potatoes and
broccoli should both be firm. Drain well in a colander.
- Transfer potatoes and broccoli to a large
mixing bowl, add ranch dressing and let cool. Stir in fennel,
onions, and olives, if using. Taste and season with salt and
pepper, if desired.
- Serve on a bed of leaf lettuce, with ripe
tomatoes as a garnish.
Makes 14 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
Idaho Potato Commission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.