Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Backyard entertaining couldn't be easier!
Let your guests help themselves to grilled brats soaking in a
hot tub of beer and caramelized onions. Be sure to provide plenty
of their favorite condiments and lots of napkins!
Brats in a Hot Tub
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 x 9 x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil
2 to 3 (12-ounce) bottles beer
- 1 to 2 packages fresh bratwurst
Hoagie or hot dog rolls
- Your favorite condiments
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add sliced
onions and cook over low heat, uncovered, until onions are caramelized
and golden in color. (Don't rush this process or the sugar in
the onions will burn giving them a bitter taste. To save time,
this step can be done the day before, storing the caramelized
onions in the refrigerator until ready to use.)
- Prepare grill.
- Place aluminum pan on one side of grill
and add the caramelized onions and beer; bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, grill the brats until golden
brown then place in the hot tub.
- Serve brats on buns with your favorite
Makes 8 to 16 servings.